Session 3: Bioimage data management and integrated pipelines
Schedule: 15:00 – 16:30 pm EEST (90 min)
Organizers: Oliver Biehlmaier, Camilo Guzman, Nadia Halidi and Caterina Strambio-De-Castillia
Chair: Oliver Biehlmaier, Biozentrum, University of Basel
Section 1 – FAIR image data and metadata standards 15:00 – 15:40
- How can we agree on standards for metadata such that the data can be organised, found, reproduced, and re-used?
- How do we ensure the adoption of such standards?
- Short introduction by Oliver Biehlmaier (5 minutes)
- Panel discussion: each panellist will have the chance to introduce themselves for 3 minutes, followed by an open discussion with questions from the audience:
- Sebastien Besson, OME, University of Dundee (Virtual)
- Josh Moore, OME, German BioImaging, University of Dundee
- Caterina Strambio De Castillia, 4DN, BINA, QUAREP-LiMi, Biomedical Imaging Group, UMass Chan Medical School
- Matthew Hartley, EMBL-EBI
- Susanne Kunis, University of Osnabrueck; virtual
- Stefanie Weidtkamp-Peters, University of Dusseldorf (virtual)
- Sylvia Le Dévédec ,Open Science Community Leiden, Universiteit Leiden (virtual)
Section 2 – Education on the importance of Image Data Management 15:40 – 16:10
What is the status of Image Data Management at your institution?
- Which format/planform is / should be used to teach about these topics?
- Which is the key information to be transmitted?
- How do we adapt the message to make it appropriate for different interest groups (e.g., imaging scientists/facility managers, students and trainees, group leaders)?
Invited presentations (7 min each)
- Ken Ho, Crick Institute
- Nadia Halidi , Advanced Light Microscopy Unit (ALMU), Centre for Genomic Regulation
- Caterina Strambio De Castillia , 4DN, BINA, QUAREP-LiMi, Biomedical Imaging Group, UMass Chan Medical School
Discussion(16:00 – 16:10)
Section 3 – Integration of Image Data Management with the management of other data types 16:10 – 16:30
- The integration of OMERO with iRODS, Josh Moore, OME, German BioImaging, University of Dundee (16:10 – 16:25)
Discussion (16:25 – 16:30)
Session 4 – Update on the global searchable microscopy database (follow-up of CF session 2021)
Schedule: 16:30 – 17:00 EEST (30 min)
Chair: Stefan Terjung, Advanced Light Microscopy Facility, EMBL-Heidelberg
- Nikki Bialy, BINA Program Coordinator, Morgridge Institute for Research
- Vanessa Orr, BINA Program Administrator, Morgridge Institute for Research
Sponsored by Luxendo, Bruker